Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wrapping up Fall....

Wow, I've finally let myself have a few stolen minutes to update my blog and post some pictures. All of us Hammies have been seriously busy these last few weeks. My Dad came out to visit, the Wilbur's and us went to the Navy Ball, Halloween, Dad's Birthday....the list can go on and on if I let it. I'll start off by back tracking a little bit and give you all a nice wrap up of our wonderful Fall festivities.

Of course no good Halloween can start off without having a trip to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins! I was told of this wonderful church that ran their own little 'patch' with tons of pumpkins that won't break the bank. Unfortunately, by the time we could go (3 days before Halloween) it was nearly wiped out. To make matters worse, poor Jack was fighting a nasty cold and decided to run a fever. I know...not a great mom to take him out but I couldn't just leave the little guy at home and have him miss out on picking out just the right pumpkin. But have no fear - he is back to his normal terrorizing self.


















Posted by Picasa


Doesn't Jack look like a Zombie here:




The next day my friend Erin was having her 'Harvest Party'. She invited a bunch of friends and their kids, we all pulled out the torture devices and get to work on making our children's pumpkins look fantastic. Wait! I mean, we let the KIDS carve their pumpkins while we look on lovingly. Yeah...that's it. After, we head inside for some homemade Chili and lots of yummies!! Oh! And we even had Spiced Rum. Can't get much better than that. Mmmmm.....








 The next day, the school was holding it's annual 'Trunk or Treat!'. Parents sign up to bring their cars (and their candy) up to the school parking lot. There they can decorate their trunk and pass out candy to all the kids. There were prizes for the best costumes and decorated trunk. My good friends Karen and Jennie won the Best Trunk with their 50's inspired decor! Check 'em out!








This guy here won 2nd place. I have no idea who it is and I'm sure that he probably wouldn't like that I put him in my blog but hey, it's not like he'll ever know!!!! But his trunk and costume were too cool!



For your viewing pleasure, here are a couple of pictures. The first one is me with my friends Jill's son Zachary. We were obviously dressed the same. Then there's Erin's girls (Carly and Maddie) and my boys....
















It turned out to be a great night for all the parent and the kids! I can't wait until next year. I'm already working on my theme!





Stay tuned for my next installment......HALLOWEEN!!!


You're scared. I can tell.









No comments:

Post a Comment