Tuesday, November 24, 2009

German Noodle Time

Every Thanksgiving, my Mom makes German Noodles. It was a recipe passed down from her Mom (and possibly her G'ma too. I'd have to check.) This has been a staple in our Thanksgiving menu since before I can remember.
We gone home to Michigan for Thanksgiving the last few years. Each year, the kids all get to help Mom make the noodles. Cassie is in charge of mixing all the ingredients together. But this year, she got to roll them out and cut them as well!!


The boys and I, unrolled noodles and placed them all on paper bags on the table to dry out. The noodles need to dry for at least, two days before they can be cooked.

It's such a fun night of cooking, flour messes and family time! We look forward to it every year.
















Finally, being the Betty Homemaker that I am, I whipped up some pumpkin pies. I had to add a little something-something to the crusts. Jon thought it needed to be documented, so here ya go!



I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment