Saturday, October 24, 2009

Navy Ball Oct 2009

Jon and I had the opportunity to attend a Navy Ball this October. It has been about 4-5 years since the last time we were able to go to one. This time, we invited my sister and BIL to go with us. This is the first time we've attended a Military function together. Even though it was a Navy Ball, Cory was a good sport and put up with all our silly Navy traditions.
The day started with all of us getting ready at Nicoles house. My Dad was the hero of the day and watched all the kids for us.















The ball was held up in New Bern, NC.  It's about an hour away from us. That gave Nicole and I plenty of time to play around with the camera in the car on the way there:




When we arrived,  we found our table and let the festivities begin. The planners did a great job and it was wonderful to be back in a Navy Community again. Don't get me wrong,  I love my little Marine Community I am lucky to be a part of. But seeing all the sailors in their dress blues and dinner dress was really wonderful! There was a ceremony about our fallen sailors, we listened to a wonderful guest speaker and dinner was delish! It was a wonderful evening.




















Haha! Check out Jon's eyeball in the corner. Love it!




Finally, as we were leaving we came across this little gem in the parking lot. We could not resist!









Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!



No comments:

Post a Comment