Friday, February 26, 2010

Greetings from Afghanistan!

As you all know, my hubby has just made his way to Afghanistan to serve with the 1st Medical Battalion after about a month and a half of training in California. So far the adjustment for him has been as good as can be. He was able to meet up with a good friend of ours, Perry (my Friend Erin's husband) who has been over there going on a year now. Perry is due to come home VERY soon!


I actually have been VERY lucky in the fact that Jon has been able to communicate with me fairly often since he left. Pretty much every night we've been able to web cam via Skype. The kids get to see their Daddy and I have found it really helps keep the loneliness away (well, as much as having a husband deployed can). Sometimes we can only get a few words in before the internet drops and it's usually always a bit choppy, but I will take that gladly over not hearing from him.  Of course, it's only been a few days and I'm sure once he actually starts work (he's 'training' right now), then things will change a bit. But for now, I'll gladly take what I can get.

He has posted some pictures on his FaceBook of his travels, so I thought I'd give you all a little look see into what things look like from over there.

The flight over on a C-17.....




Random pictures of his first few days over in ASSghanistan.....









Apparently it's 'the thing' to get your head shaved bald and grow an Afgan-a-stash while over there. He's currently working on the 'stash'......





Finally, this is 'Flint - their Hooch Mascot". I really don't know what that means......



Also, I just want to put this out there that I do have Jon's mailing address now so if anyone would like to send him a letter, card, care package, just email me and let me know. I know he would love to get things like that from everyone and it'll help the time pass, I'm sure.

Stay safe babe! We're all waiting for you back home!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww - I LOVE this post!! And, I also love that I can now comment on your blog! I read it, but can never comment on it (as well as a few others) Anyway, I'm so glad he's safe and WILL BE safe during this deployment. It's always hard and sucks though no matter what but you are TOUGH girl! I'll miss you when I leave :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing the pictures. It made me realize that we don't pray for our military men and their families nearly enough. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete