Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wild Onions!



Today, as Dad and I were lounging around on my porch soaking up the beautiful North Carolina sunshine, I noticed that my yard had a bunch of funny looking green patches.

 
At first, Dad and I weren't sure what the heck these were. But upon closer scientific inspection (i.e...ripping them out of the ground and smelling them), we determined that these were in fact Wild Green Onions. Crazy!!!
 


There's some pretty big ones out there!
 

I figured Lizzie could be my Guinea dog and try one out. If she didn't keel over dead, I knew we'd be good.
 
I don't know why, but she thought she was too good to eat one.



What's a girl to do? 



Plant those babies in a pot and see what happens!

Keep your fingers crossed. I'm looking forward to some yummy dishes made with my Wild Green Onions. If I suddenly drop off the face of the Earth, you'll know that these were, in fact, not edible and eating them was probably not the smartest thing.

1 comment:

  1. No keeling over....at least not until after May 14th! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete