Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Picture Day for Cassie

Today is Spring Picture Day for Cassie.

Yesterday, I let Cassie play hookie from school. I had told her towards the end of the semester that if she kept her grades up, I would let her skip school and we'd have a 'Girls Day' and go shopping.  We finally had that chance yesterday when my sister Nicole wanted my Mom to take her shopping for her birthday. I decided that that would be a good time to make good on my promise to Cass and let her skip school. An even better excuse is that she needed a new outfit for her school pictures and with my busy schedule, this would be the best time to do it.

We meet up at Barnes & Noble, got our selves some coffee and pastries and proceed to shop 'till we dropped. Imagine my pleasant surprise that one of the first stores we hit, she finds the perfect outfit. AND the best part, it isn't her 'normal' type of outfit.

I bought her a cute tank dress with a skirt that poofed out just a little bit, black leggings and a cute headband with a bow on it.

Later that day we hit up Old Navy and I got her some flip flops too. Us girls also decided to go to lunch at Mai Tai for some yummy Chinese buffet where Mom treated us all to lunch.

It was a fun filled fantastic day with just us girls. I can't wait to do it again.

Here's Cassie in her awesome new school outfit......








2 comments:

  1. Love it! I miss those shopping days with my Mom and Sister but Cassie looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! She cannot possibly be this grown up yet!!

    ReplyDelete