Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Until next time....

Yesterday, my friends Jill and Renee and I threw a 'Going Away Luncheon" for our favorite girls - Erin and Gia. Both of them will be moving soon. Gia down to Parris Island, SC and Erin over to Fayetteville, NC.
This fun started out with Jill, Renee and I having a few secret meetings to discuss details such as menu and gifts. As a final goodbye gift, Jill and I have been working on a photo book of Erin's and Gia's time here with friends. We sent emails out to everyone to send us any pictures with the girls in them. We were going to give it to them at the party but I mentioned how great it would be to make the going away be the final chapter in the book. Jill suggested that we all have everyone dress in Black and White, so that the picture look FANTASTIC. Which of course, they were. It was a plan! Also, Renee and I went and ordered corsages for the girls to wear on their special day.


Here's Jill and I prepping for the lunch. We had Baked French Toast, Sausage Pinwheels, Ham&Cheese Casserole, Quiche, Fruit Salad, Creme Puffs, Chocolate Cake, and a delish Boston Creme Dessert that Karen brought over. Of course there were Mimosa's, Wine, Sweet Tea, Water and Coffee.




Here are Jilly and I pinning the corsages on to our best girls.

It's no surprise that Gia started getting a bit frisky....

Why do they have to make these so hard to pin? Geez O'Pete's!
 



The Guests of Honor with their corsages....
 
Kissy-kissy!
 

From L to R: Jennie (who we affectionately call J-Bunny), Heidi (ho!) and Cathy partaking of the yummy goodness!


Me, Erin and G all digging in.


The whole gang.


Baby George (so cute!), StacEy and Erin.


Gia with StacEy and Georgie...
 
J-Bunny just loves it when people invade her personal space. So we do it whenever we can!
 
Karen (Kiki) and her GORGEOUS flower she made, complete with vintage brooch. You can find her designs for sale here: The Bead Babe.
 
Whatever someone was saying must of been dang interesting!

Kiki and G....
 

G and Jill.....
 

G, Erin and I.....
 
My BffF....




Jill and Erin....


Hanging around...eating....chatting...what we do best.


'English' Ellen telling us some good tales in her AWESOME British voice of hers. I don't care what she has to say, I could listen to her talk ALL day.





Gia loves my Baked French Toast so much she couldn't hardly wait to dig in!!!!



JBunny.....


Kiki.....

Cathy....


Heidi.....

Trouble makers: Heidi, JBunny and I.


JBunny, Erin and G....
 
Curl Sisters: Renee and G. When you put them together, you just don't know where one curl starts and the other ends.
 

Gia, invading JBunny's space again. (This time, I think she likes it though!)
 

G and I....
 
G and Kiki....
 

Jill and Erin.....
 


The Fab Five!



And finally, a few group shots of us all.....



Blowing kisses.....

Striking our 'Carol' pose..... 
('Carol' is our code word for the type of wife who wears her gloves and pearls everyday. Who, whenever she sees or hears anything inappropriate says, "Oh my!" "Well, I never!")

As for the party, we kept everything upbeat and light. No tears allowed! But I for one, had a moment where we were all sitting around chatting and thought, "This is it. This is the last time we'd all be together like this."
Military life is hard. You constantly have to put yourself out there to make new friends and when you find those friends, you become such good friends because you know that you all only have so much time together. I have been BLESSED to have these women in my life. In a few months, this picture above will be cut down by about half. Most of them will be moving on to different chapters in their lives. My friendships are bittersweet. But I am so thankful for them. Gia is leaving this Thursday but luckily, I'll still have my Erin for a few more weeks. 

So this is NOT goodbye, but an 'until next time'.....

Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I made it through the entire day yesterday without shedding a tear and now you have me bawling! Ugh!!!!! Beautiful post (I may just have to copy it for my blog!) It was a fun party even though it was for a sad reason. Everyone looked beautiful though and you did a beautiful job sharing it. Damn you for making me cry though! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I look like a green whale...

    ReplyDelete