Saturday, July 10, 2010

Up North!

My vacation was off to a great start. So many fun things have already happened on our trip, but we were not even close to being done. My Mom had to head up to Traverse City (which is about 3 hrs from their house) due to her work and she was going to have to be up there for two days. So we all decided to take a mini vacay and join her up there to enjoy the city, the 'Cherry Festival' and visit with family that lives up that way in Cadillac.

We were so lucky to stay at McGuires Resort and we got a GREAT deal there. My Aunt Linda actually works at the resort and was kind enough to get us a fabulous rate on a room. We ended up getting a suite that believe it or not, could sleep 7 of us pretty comfortably. The resort was a golf resort and it had restaurants, a game room, pool, hot tub and sauna.


That night we headed out to eat with Aunt Linda and while there, my cousin Jaime had called and we arranged to meet up at the hotel after dinner.
He showed up with his beautiful girlfriend, Amanda and their adorable baby daughter, Aubreana. I just wanted to hug and kiss that baby to oblivion! Thankfully (teehee) Jaime and Amanda wanted to get a quick bite to eat and asked if we wouldn't mind watching her while we were in the pool. They got her into her suit and handed her over to Mom and I but I snatched her from Mom and spent the rest of the time playing with her in the water. She has to be one of the sweetest, good-natured babies I have ever seen.
After Jaime and Amanda got back, we all got out of the pool and headed back to our suite where we caught up with each other and watch the kids play. Of course, I had to take some pictures of Bre.

My boys with Bre...

She's so crazy cute!

I could just eat her up!

So adorable!!!!

After a good nights sleep, Mom had to be up early to Traverse - an hour away. My cousin Steven was dropped off to us bright and early so as soon as we had him, we were off! We dropped Mom off to where she needed to go, and my Dad and I took the kids to the mall to kill an hour before we needed to pick Mom back up. Because you know, no trip is complete without checking out the local mall scene. Oy...

When Mom was done doing what she does best, we headed into downtown where they were holding the annual Cherry Festival. There were food vendors, carnival rides and tons of events! All held right on the bay....


When we got into the food area, I had to have myself a turkey leg! OMG! Sooooooo much turkey!

Looking out onto Traverse Bay....

The water is so beautiful!


Of course the kids had to do some carnival rides, so my Mom bought tickets for the kids (including the biggest kid - me) and we headed out to ride some rides.




The boys with their aliens I bought them...

After the rides, the food and all the walking around we were pretty plum-tuckered out. We headed back to Cadillac and the hotel.
Later that night we met up with my Uncle Paul and Aunt Kae for some pizza and good times. Jason ended up going to my Uncle Pauls house to stay the night! He loves him some Uncle Paul! We all do!!!

Steven and Cassie....they've been like two peas in a pod since they were little. Not much has changed.

On Saturday, we had made arrangements for all of us (Aunts, Uncles, G'mas and Papas, cousins, 1st cousins...) to meet at the lake and spend the day there. We cooked out, chatted and I ended up renting a pontoon to tool around Lake Cadillac.

Dad and I with Steven, Cassie and Jack in Cadillac before heading to the lake.

Jack and Steven....

The kids playing in the lake...



Uncle Paul with his granddaughter Bre....(she's so cute!)

Aunt Linda and I...

My cousin Steven...

Cassie and my cousin Tara (Steven's sister)....

Amanda and Bre...Cassie's back there too!

My Dad and Uncle Paul! Two of my favorite guys EVER!

Me!

My Mama and I...


I swear, he's crazy! But that's why I love him!




Show 'em your muscles J!

Dig in!!


Jaime and Amanda....

My Uncle Don and his sister...My Mama.

Uncle Don and Aunt Linda....


Giving Uncle Donny a hug!


On our pontoon. I really need to get a boat!

Mom pulling the boat to shore so we could load up...


Tara, Steven, Cassie and Jack had jumped into the water....

Jack had no fear jumping off the boat into the water!

Check me out! I'm driving a boat!







 

 

 

It turned out to be a fantastic day! I got to see family that I haven't seen in a long time and who've I've missed terribly! I really hope it's not another few years before we can see each other again. It was the perfect weekend. I just wish Jon was there....at least his head was....

Can you spot Jon?
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks likes you all had soo much fun!!! Some of those pics are really cute! My cassie is too big :) The one of her looking at the water is great!

    ReplyDelete