Saturday, July 24, 2010

Who ya gonna call?

Ghostbusters!!!

While we were down at the Ann Arbor Art Fair, we came across the old state theater and were surprised to see that on the 24th, they'd be having a midnight showing of Ghostbusters! At first, we joked about going but then, realizing that my best friend Tara was going to be in town, decided that it would be hilarious to go!

 The 'State Theater' as we were walking up to it...


Whatcha gonna go see? GHOSTBUSTERS!
We got there a little early, worried about there being a big crowd. Of course, we were about the first people there. But as luck would have it, there was a Starbucks across the street. So we headed on over and ordered us some ice coffees, had a seat and teased Tara.

I <3 Starbucks!

Tara and I...

Tara, being the good ol' country girl that she is, isn't used to staying up until midnight. We were supplying her with lots of coffee. We almost had to give her an espresso IV.....
We finally saw people starting to line up in front of the theater. So we headed back on over. You gotta love college kids. Besides the kids that were obviously high, there were the ones that totally geeked out and dressed in costume! Loved it!

Kurtiss and Tara, standing outside the theater trying to stay awake by downing some espresso!


We were like the 6 group in line, so we got pretty decent seats. If you've ever been to the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' for a midnight showing, this had that kinda feel to it. Once the movie started, everyone was hooting and hollering! People applauded when the main characters showed up on screen and boo'd when the bad guys did. 

Here are some awesome shots I got of the movie......


Dr Ray Stantz: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.
Dr. Egon Spengler: I blame myself.
Dr. Peter Venkman: So do I.
Dr Ray Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.


Remember as kids, how much we all loved Slimer?! lol


Dana Barrett: Are you the Keymaster?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Not that I know of.
[She slams the door in his face. Venkman knocks again]
Dana Barrett: Are you the Keymaster?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes. Actually I'm a friend of his, he asked me to meet him here.




Winston Zeddemore: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!


Dr. Peter Venkman: Nimble little minx, in't she?
Dr. Egon Spengler: We're gonna go full stream.
Dr Ray Stantz: Aim for the flattop!
Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.


Dr Ray Stantz: I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Nice thinkin', Ray.

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

LOL! This is my favorite picture from the whole night! Check out Stay-puft's face!
"I love this town!"


I've forgotten how much I just LOVE this movie. I swear, all the quirky one liners and all the other little parts that you miss or overlook because you're a kid. I'm need to go find this on DVD so the kids and I can watch it.

We finally roll out of Ann Arbor around 1:30am. Poor Tara. At least she was a trooper as her best friend dragged her along on another wild hair adventure! Gotta give her props for that, lol!

2 comments:

  1. Umm.....that post made me incredibly SAD! We use to live in Ann Arbor...and would live at the State theater. We LOVED the downtown area!!!! You should've went to Sweet Waters (coffee store), instead of Starbucks....then you could've seen a fairy door. Have you seen any of the fairy doors down there before?

    Thanks for the morning depression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Anything I can do to help!

    I haven't seen any of the fairy doors down there. Man, I wish I would of known about that ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete