Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Today was the first day back to school for my kids! We were all more than ready to head back. The last two week especially were starting to drain us all. The boys were bickering constantly and Cassie was throwing in her little jabs to see the kind of reaction she could get and I was balled up in a corner trying to find my 'Happy Place'. So yup! Time for these delinquent children to head back to school!

It's a big year for our family actually. Today, Cassie has her first day of 9th grade in High School. It absolutely blows my mind that I have a child old enough to be in HS, much less that it's Cassie who's in 9th grade.
For all of my friends and family with little ones, let me just tell you how FAST time really does go by! I swear it was just a couple of years ago, that I would be getting her up for elementary school, braid her hair and buy her Pokemon toys.
Now she gets up on her own, flat irons her own hair and is into boys and music. I'm telling you, sometimes I wish I would of known then what I know now about how fast time flies.

Here's my 'little' girl, on her first day of High School...



After I saw Cassie off to school, it was time to get the boys ready for their first day. Jason is headed over to Bitz, which is still an elementary but it's for grades 3rd-5th. Another big change for us! He also has a male teacher this year. First time for that with us ever! Jason is pretty excited about it, so we'll see how it goes.

Jack still has Mrs. Eve but now he's in 1st grade. Here, in case you didn't know, some of the elementary classes are grouped. For instance Jack's class is a multi-age level class. It has k-2nd graders in it. Last year was the first time I've ever experienced that and I actually like it. I think the little ones gain so much from watching the older kids and having the older kids set an example. I know it's going to be a good year for my little guy!

The boys before heading to school....


Jason posing in front of his new school - Bitz!


Jack with the rest of his class waiting to go in...

What an exciting morning it was! But what's a lonely mom to do now?

Grab a girlfriend and head out for the day!!

My friend Jill and I headed to Barnes & Noble and had a celebratory brunch and checked out all the new books. It was a nice, relaxing kid-free afternoon! And as much as I love my kids, I'm happy to have my 'me' time back!!!

So here's to a new school year! The start of homework, baggie books, math problems (that I hate), bake sales, school dances and youth sports!

Hold on tight! It's gonna be a CRAZY ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment