Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cassie's 1st Homecoming

It's always a big step when your first born child starts High School. So it shouldn't of come of much of a shock that it would also be a pretty big thing when that child goes to their first high school dance, which happened to be Homecoming.

A week and a half before, Cass and I headed down to Wilmington to shop for her dress. Which thankfully we found, along with shoes and jewelery. When we were in the store where we bought her dress, we realized that the one she wanted was the only one left in her size. Sadly, the zipper was an issue and we couldn't for the life of us get it to unzip. While in the dressing room, we were able to wiggle her into it without using the zipper and it was really an act of God that allowed us to get her out of that dress without ripping it to shreds that day. But it was the one she desperately wanted to have. So like a good Mama I am, I bought it for her. Along with the shoes and jewelery.  And you can bet your booties that I made sure I got a discount on that dress for the zipper being jacked!

I figured once we got home, I could see if I could work a little magic on it. If all else failed, I could get my ever so crafty friend Karen, see if she could work her mojo over on it.

Sadly, neither one of us could get it to work and we both agreed that as long as she got it on that night, it wouldn't matter if we had to cut it off of her at the end of the night. If we only knew how true that statement would become....

The day of the Homecoming dance finally rolls around and it turns out to be one of those crazy busy days from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

Starts off with Jack's last soccer game of the season, followed by me running into town to try and find my daughter a strapless bra for under her dress. Which we both had completely forgotten about needing until that night before. Then it was off to Jack's End of the Year Soccer Party, followed by a stop at the base Stables for the Vendor Bender (in which I won the GRAND PRIZE, thank you very much!). Then it was home, where my sister and her family, along with Mom and Dad were waiting.

At that point it was time for Cassie to start getting ready, while everyone else headed outside to carve pumpkins (didn't you read that blog? If not, you should! My awesome hubby was my Guest Blogger) while I spent a good 2 hours in the bathroom making my daughter glamorous for her big night.


Here I am curling her hair...
After we had gotten her hair all dolled up, it was time for her to put her dress on. Except when she came out, her strapless bra was completely showing on the sides and back. So, I used my imagination and actually ended up sewing the bra to the dress. I basically sewed her into her dress. It was so AWESOME!


My daughter, the multi-tasker!


All done! Here she is moments before her date arrived...my beautiful daughter!!!

Of course, I made her pose with her Mommy...

and Daddy...

...and Grandma and Papa...

And then we got silly...



Finally her date for the night showed up.  This is her current boyfriend, 'What's his name?"

Haha! Naw, I'm joking. His name is Cody and he's actually a pretty nice, well mannered kid.
Shortly after he arrived, Jon went inside looking for his pistol, saying something about 'not having a problem going back to prison...'

After Cassie died from embarrassment, they headed down to the O'Club to get a few pictures taken, before headed for a luxury dinner out to CiCi's Pizza and then heading on to the dance.

The whole group...


Here's to another milestone down! I have a feeling that in a few years, I'll stumble across this blog post and be AMAZED yet again how quickly time flies by. Don't you wish they could stay little forever?



post signature

2 comments:

  1. OMG! She's sooooo adorable! You could be sisters! Could I borrow that dress for the Ball next year? LMAO! ;)

    ReplyDelete