Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Weekend - Gobble Gobble!!


It's TURKEY DAY!!



Ahh....Thanksgiving morning....coffee, tooling around on the internet....digging out giblets from turkey carcasses.....it's the perfect start to a wonderful day!

Actually Erin and I had a pretty easy going morning. She had done a lot of prep work the day or two before so all that was left to do was clean the turkey and get it in the roaster. We had a few odds-n-ends (like making the cheese ball and stuffed celery) After that, it was chill out until time to eat. 

Carly was a busy bee that morning, snapping photo's of our set up around the house....


Here I am chatting with my Mama...

Carl and Lizzard taking a break....

Tooling around on the interweb....

Poor Cassie...Being a teenager is SOOOOOO boring!

Jon was seen all weekend, with a bag of corn on his wonky eye....poor guy!


Jack spending some of his downtime playing on Auntie Erin's DS...


But the chores still needed to be done! So it's Maddie and Jason to the rescue. We've got them trained pretty well, don't ya think?

As the kids were busy unloading and loading the dishwasher, Erin and I took this time to set the tables. We had the 'Grown up' table and the 'kids' table. Cassie and Drew were lucky to be included on the 'Grown Up' table. Although, sometimes that's questionable!

A few pics of our tablescapes...


Kids table...


Finally, the ball had starting rolling with getting all the sides cooking....


Cooking those taters!



And then....it was TURKEY time!!!!!


Perry letting his inner caveman out! Time to hack the hell out of that bird!


And now for all you food lovers out there, a montage of our food....

Mashed potatoes....

Corn Casserole made by Cass-a-roll! (ie - Cassie!)

Erin's DELISH stuffing with cherries, apricots and a bunch of other yummy stuff!

Doesn't this look AMAZING? Sweet potato casserole...

Homemade Cranberry Relish...YUM!

Our bird after we demolished it...

And now the fun part - enjoying our meal!



The food was gone before I could get a good picture of it. But at least I got a shot of Erin's green beans...


After we stuffed ourselves full of delish yumminess, we of coursed did dishes (which would become the bane of our existence that weekend. I mean, seriously - WHY was the sink ALWAYS full of dirty dishes?!) Then finally - FINALLY, it was time for PIE!


A cuppa joe with homemade pumpkin pie and homemade whipped cream. What could be a better way to end Thanksgiving Day?


Us Hammie's hope your Turkey Day was as delish as our! There are sooooo many things to be thankful for and I often wonder why thankfulness is only given one day out of the year to remind us of what we have and should be thankful for? 

So with that being said, I am sooooo very thankful for my family  - Jon and the kids, my parents & siblings and all my friends that are family to me. I would hate to think of what I'd be without any of them. And because this is my Thanksgiving post, I just want to put it out there - If you're reading this, I am thankful for YOU!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

post signature







1 comment:

  1. You are so good! I'm so jealous of all the blogging you have gotten done lately. I'm so far behind. But I loved catching up on yours!

    ReplyDelete