Wednesday, December 29, 2010

TRON and Happy 39th Birthday Kurtiss!

I honestly can't remember actually going to see Tron. It was 1982. My sister was either just born or on the way. I was 7.   I just know that back around this time last year, when the first previews were starting to be shown for Tron Legacy, I started totally geeking out and vowed that I would be seeing this movie!

So when we all started making plans for Christmas, when asked what we'd like to do, I replied that I didn't care what everyone else wanted to do but I was going to go see TRON and that's all there was to it! Good thing my family loves me since they basically said that was good with them too. (We are a family of geeks after all - Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy, Charmed, Battlestar Galactica...yeah...I know...)

It actually worked out to be a good day. We decided that we'd have a family movie outing on my brother Kurtiss's 39th birthday. And what better way to see TRON: Legacy than in 3D and on the IMAX.  We didn't need use of our eyeballs after seeing that movie anyway.....


All I have to say is that I LOVED the movie! And I am totally going dress up as this chick here for Halloween this year.....


Is she hot or what?! Rawr! I could totally pull this look off!

And I'm gonna lay myself across our couch just like this:

By the way...does anyone else thinks he looks like that guy from the Matix?
Kinda fruity - no?

I ended up being super happy after watching that movie! Plus I got to geek out even more while watching the previews for Thor. But the best was watching Jack go totally ape when the preview for Pirates of the Caribbean 4 came on! I love that the kids get as worked up as Jon and I do over movies. Now let's just hope movie prices don't keep going up. It's no fun having to drop around $100 every time we go to the movies. UGH! And please - I am so sick of 3D. I'm good with old school movies (and the ticket prices that go along with them!)

So back to Kurt's birthday. After the movie, we headed home and made a stop at the liqor store. We had my cousin's Tara and Steven with us, and both Tara and I happen to be big ol' winos. The night before we polished off a bottle, and since Mom doesn't really have any in the house we had to stop to get more.  She ended up buying a cabernet sauvignon,  (which was very delish...for a red) and another bottle of Pinot Grigio (my standard).

After letting our popcorn and dinner digest, we broke out the cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday to my awesome brother.
Getting the candles on the cake...(btw - that's my beautiful cousin Tara there in the green! I <3 her!!!)

Happy 39th Birthday Kurt!

Cheesing it up!

  You got enough air to blow out that many candles stud?

My cousin Steven (full of teenage angst) doesn't think so...

I hope he had a great birthday! I know for sure that his birthday was a fun day for me! Love you Kurt and remember, best make the most of it because next year you're going to be

40!
And we all know it's just down hill from there! ;)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment