Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hammie Time Under Construction



For some reason, I thought it would be fun to try and 'redesign' my blog page. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my little cartoon girl but being that this is a FAMILY blog, I wanted to design something that used our actual pictures. Over a week or so ago, I began to mess around with the design and research what I'd like to put up on my blog.

A lot of it has to do with html code. Which really makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon. It's almost trying to navigate this:

You know you'll eventually figure it out and get through it, but it's probably going to take you FOREVER and there'll be A LOT of wrong turns.


This has been the case with me and this stinking html coding that I have to do to get my blog looking how I want it to. What you see now, is NOT what my blog is going to look like. I have GRAND plans. It's just figuring out how to get those grand plans to transfer to the world of coding. 

So in the meantime, I may not be posting any new blogs while this:



is happening.

Let's hope all this time designing headers, backgrounds, blog buttons and what-nots doesn't go to waste. Last night around midnight I was ****this close**** to chucking it all and just PAYING someone to design it.  But I'm dedicated to getting this done to the best of my ability. Let's just hope the best of my ability doesn't look like my 6 year old designed it.

Here's hoping.

Stay tuned.....

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I paid someone to do mine. It was not bad at all - I'm trying to think - 80? I tried to do it myself and felt the same way you did. The code is not difficult necessarily to understand - but when you try to put it all together - it's horrid.
    Anyway - I would recommend my girl that did mine - she did a great job. Sometimes she takes a while to get back to you though. Look around - there are a lot of great blog designers that do it for cheap. Find some blogs you like and see who did their designs. I found there's a lot of people like you and me that just learn it and do it so they don't charge an arm and a leg.
    Anyway - good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also looked into paying someone but I really wanna give it a shot. The down side is that I don't have GOOD pictures of the 5 of us to put up there. I'm gonna have to go get some taken I think.

    I think your blog is ADORABLE! Who was it that did it? I'm gonna keep her in mind in case I chuck it all and go that route.

    ReplyDelete