Monday, June 13, 2011

Author's Celebration for Jack

A few days before school let out, Jack's class had an 'Author's Celebration'. The kids have been working pretty much all year on creating, editing, designing pictures and writing their very own book.  After the books were done, Mrs. Eve had them shipped off to be printing into actual books. Love this idea! Jason also has done this before as well. I just think it's a great way for the kids to express themselves and to see where they're at in their little lives. Love it!!

The celebration was to be held in the library for the distributing and reading of the books, followed by a party afterwards in the class room.

Here Jack is, in the library waiting for the festivities to begin...

Jack's name was finally called to come get his book and he's showing it off with pride!

After all the books were passed out to the kids, we all broke into separate groups and the kids got to read their books to the parents in that group.  I was amazed at how detailed some of these books were and I absolutely loved the pictures they drew describing each event in their books.




Jack had a case of the 'wiggles' while reading his book and you could tell he was slightly embarrassed to be put on the spot but he did a great job reading it and showing us his pictures. The title of Jack's book was The Big Bad Sharks and he dedicated his book to his Dad 'because he likes blue'. Cracks me up!






Once the kids were all finished reading their books, we headed back to the classroom to enjoy some yummies and conversation. There were cookies, pretzels, chocolate covered strawberries, iced tea and juice. It was VERY delish!







It was a great way to wrap up the year for the kids and the parents! I can't wait to see what Jack will write about next year!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I remember those days, what fun! Enjoy them girl ;)
    .. I was trolling through the pics when I came across the ones with the guys in camo and I thought "Wow, two red necks in one shot!" Then I remembered .... I guess I was in Florida too long. They were too clean cut and respectable looking LOL, and the kids didn't look hung over - OY.
    Very cute :D

    ReplyDelete