Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An evening at the beach...

This evening after dinner, we had all decided it was the perfect day to take a drive down to the ocean and just sit and watch the sun set and maybe see if we can find a crab or two.

It was a rare night that we were all home, so I knew we had to take advantage of it. We put our suits on, loaded up the Wonder Van and headed off!


When we got there around 7:30pm, it was almost deserted.  The air had cooled down a little bit and we almost had the whole beach to our selves. It was NICE!


We all wandered the shore, looking for sea glass, shells, shark teeth....basically whatever caught our eye.



Jon and I laid out some beach blankets and sat down to relax as we watched the kids play in the surf...

Cassie took this time to draw words and pictures in the sand...



Jon and I having some kid free bonding...

The sun was starting to set and it was beautiful!

The view to the right of us...


Playing around...





It's hard to tell from the size of this picture, but I'm basically giving Cassie the 'You are insane' look, lol!



Then it was time to test out the water...






Jason's work of art in the sand...


Since Cassie and Jason were drawing in the sand, Jon decided to start getting into the action as well...



A few people have asked me what 'SeaShells' are when I talk about being at the beach. This is them  here....

Can you guess what he's drawing?

Jack wants in on the sand art as well...

Yup, big surprise....it's a jeep!

I love Jack's picture!
We stayed until around 9pm, just hoping and waiting for those crabs to get out. But before they had a chance to come out, a few crabs of a different type showed up - MY KIDS! Obviously it was past their bedtime at this point because they all got a major case of the WAAAAAH-bulance! So Jon and I packed everyone up and we headed back home. But it made for a wonderful night and one that we hope to repeat again very soon! I seriously wanna find those crabs!!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. That's the one thing I really, really miss; nights on a southern beach. We did that the night before we left just to get in one last time. The kids being older we stayed well into the dark under a full moon.
    It made me sad to leave. Almost.
    Those family times are so precious! I'm glad you've had them too. :)

    ReplyDelete