Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A lovely afternoon in Linden...

After all the craziness from the Anniversary weekend was over, it was time to chill out and take it easy for a day or two.
We decided to spend a lazy afternoon driving into downtown Linden (where I went to school) and show Alyssa my old stomping grounds. But we also wanted to mosey about the Mill Pond and just enjoy the beautiful Michigan weather....and maybe even get a little ice cream!


A few pictures from around the Mill Pond...





After you walk around the back of the building in the picture above, you'll come across these gems...
(I *borrowed* this picture from the web since we never got a good shot of it all.)


On one side of the bridge is a lake, then it's separated by a damn where it then runs down to make a river which also runs the mill wheel, and goes by the gazebo. It was so pretty, Jon set up the camera to take a few pictures. But the best part of it was that all around you, the smell of flowers permeated the air! I loved it!

The gazebo that was right on the water...



Alyssa showing us her moves...

There are a bunch of wooden 'steps' that you can sit, lay, whatever on. Lots of times the city will show movies or have live music playing right there at the gazebo.  So while the kids ran around the gazebo area and jumped across a little creek that ran by it, we took a breather...


After, we walked down Broad Street and treat us all to some good ol' fashion ice cream!

My absolute favorite - Superman! I've found one place here in NC that serves it but it just doesn't taste the same as it does in Michigan!

Cass is REALLY enjoying her ice cream...


As we were leaving we noticed one of the sides streets had our name! They must of known we were coming!
It was a nice easy couple of hours spent at the Mill Pond. I then took the family up to my high school and drove around the back to where the band room was at. ***sigh*** Great memories there! But it was also fun showing and telling them all about my teenage years. I'm hoping they appreciated it. I know I sure did!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Aaahhh youth. It's always better on a re-visit than during the actual misspent time of it.
    Did that make sense?
    Whatevs.
    Cassie has the same glasses as Ash. Must be a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete